Schemes (GoI > MOFPI)
Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India Schemes
The following schemes will be implemented under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana:
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions
PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana is expected to leverage the investment of Rs. 31,400 crore for the handling of 334 lakh MT agro-produce valued at Rs. 1,04,125 crore, benefiting 20 lakh farmers and generating 5,30,500 direct/indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20.
Mega Food Park aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers so as to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector.
- The scheme aims to facilitate the establishment of a strong food processing industry backed by an efficient supply chain, which includes Collection Centres (CCs), Primary Processing Centers (PPCs), Central Processing Center (CPC) and Cold Chain infrastructure.
- Collection Centers and Primary Processing Centers (PPCs): These components have facilities for cleaning, grading, sorting and packing, dry warehouses, specialized cold stores including pre-cooling chambers, ripening chambers, reefer vans, mobile pre-coolers, mobile collection vans etc.
- Central Processing Centers (CPC): This Includes common facilities like Testing Laboratory, Cleaning, Grading, Sorting and Packing Facilities, Dry Warehouses, specialized storage facilities including Controlled Atmosphere Chambers, Pressure Ventilators, variable Humidity Stores, pre-cooling Chambers, Ripening Chambers, Cold Chain Infrastructure including Reefer Vans, Packaging Unit, Irradiation Facilities, Steam Sterilization Units, Steam Generating Units, Food Incubation cum Development Centers etc.
- The extent of land required for establishing the CPC is around 50- 100 acres, though the actual requirement of land would depend upon the business plan, which may vary from region to region. The land required for setting up of PPCs and CCs at various locations would be in addition to land required for setting up the CPC.
- It is expected that on an average, each project will have around 25-30 food processing units with a collective investment of Rs.250 crore that would eventually lead to an annual turnover of about Rs.450-500 crore and creation of direct / indirect employment of about 5000 persons. Each MFP on being fully operational will also benefit about 25000 farmers.
- Minimal Processing Centre at the farm level and centres is to have facility for weighing, sorting,grading waxing, packing,pre-cooling, Control Atmosphere (CA)/ Modified Atmosphere (MA) cold storage,normal storage and Individual Quick Freezing(IQF).
- Mobile pre-cooling vans and reefer trucks.
- Distribution hubs with multi products and multi Control Atmosphere (CA)/ Modified Atmosphere(MA) chambers/ cold storage/ Variable Humidity Chambers, Packing facility,Cleaning in Process (CIP) Fog treatment, Individual Quick Freezing (IQF) and blast freezing.
- Irradiation Facility